WHAT DID PARENTS SAY TO OFSTED: ‘There is a really positive vibe around the school. I feel my children are gaining a good all-round, inclusive education at Sandy Lane’
We are delighted top be able to share our report from our recent HMI (Ofsted) Monitoring visit here HMI Sandy Lane Primary School 133619 final pdf
The report highlights:
- Pupils are articulate, polite and well-mannered.
- Pupils listen well in lessons and respect other people’s ideas. Their attitudes to learning are positive.
- Pupils enjoy their work and are showing a determination to do well
- The school has a determination that all pupils achieve as highly as possible
- Raised outcomes for all pupils
- Pupils’ progress by the end of key stage 2 has also improved
- Focused work to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment has been the key factor in raising pupils’ attainment and progress.
- Teachers and leaders monitor pupils’ progress carefully and are more effective in providing additional support for individuals who need it
- Governors play an active role in evaluating the school’s effectiveness and know the school well. They are passionate about the role of the school in its local community.
- Over the last year, the proportion of children achieving a good level of development at the end of early years has risen from 47% in 2017 to 72% in 2018, matching the national average.
WHAT DID OFSTED SAY:
- the leadership team is ambitious
- clear improvement in teaching and pupils’ progress is already evident
- parents and staff are supportive of the new leadership team
- pupils enjoy school; they behave well and have positive attitudes to learning
- teaching and learning and pupils’ progress are showing rapid improvement
- additional funding to support disadvantaged pupils makes a positive difference to their progress
- the curriculum is broad and balanced
- pupils benefit from a wide range of extra-curricular activities
- this is a rapidly improving school
- pupils read challenging and high-quality texts in class – use these to analyse different methods for writing and mimic the styles of famous authors
- the needs of pupils of different abilities are met well in English and mathematics
- a high proportion of pupils are now making strong progress – this is confirmed by the standard of pupils’ work seen
- pupils are well mannered and friendly, to each other, to adults and to visitors to their school
- pupils say that bullying no longer happens
- behaviour of pupils is good; they conduct themselves calmly around school, behave well in lessons and any disruption is rare.
- Nursery provision is strong and the Reception class curriculum provides a broad range of activities for children.
- parents told inspectors that their children have started well in early years.
December 2017 – Our latest Ofsted report is now available. Click the link below.
Letter from our Chair of Governors regarding the latest Ofsted report. Click link below.
Click here to access ParentView to give feedback on our school